As a homeowner, it’s easy to take for granted indoor plumbing and running water. Water is used for bathing, cleaning, washing dishes and clothes, cooking, and flushing toilets. The average American uses 80 – 100 gallons of water per day. But, do you know what type of water is in your household? If you find that soap and shampoo don’t lather well, dishes have spots, the bathtub has a ring, the toilet is stained, and the laundry looks dingy, your home probably has hard water. What is hard water? Hard water has not been softened with a water softener system.
After rainwater falls, the water works its way through the ground and picks up minerals. Hard water is water that contains natural minerals and metals, especially calcium and magnesium. The term hard water originally referred to the lack of lather (suds) when washing with soap and detergents. Hard water is present in well water and public water. Because it has not been softened with a water softener system, it can cause numerous household issues.
Common Hard water issues:
- Minerals, inside the water supply, clog copper and steel pipes.
- Lime scaling can cause corrosion and stains to plumbing and fixtures.
- White chalky buildup on tile and ceramic surfaces.
- Scale deposits cause appliances to break down sooner.
- Poor soap & detergent performance.
- Soap scum remains on dishes and glasses after being cleaned.
- Clothes appear gray and dingy after washing and wear out faster.
- A soapy film leaves skin feeling dry and itchy after bathing.
- Hair feels sticky and looks dull.
- Increased buildup of hardness in water heaters creates higher energy bills.
In order to eliminate hard water issues, a homeowner can add a Kinetico water softener system to their household. Water softeners remove minerals and metals. It’s an investment that can save you money and time. A water professional can recommend a Kinetico water softener based on your needs and budget. Kinetico water softeners are certified by the (NSF) National Sanitary Foundation and by the (WQA) Water Quality Association. By installing a water softener system, a homeowner will notice numerous money-saving benefits, as well as peace of mind.
Water Softener System Benefits:
- Dishwashers use less soap to wash dishes, and spots are eliminated.
- Washing machines need less detergent, and clothes are whiter and brighter.
- Hot Water Tank become more energy efficient saving you up to 25% on your
- energy bill and replacement of the tanks.
- Sinks and tubs are cleaner reducing household cleaning time.
- Showering and bathing require less soap and shampoo.
- Hair becomes manageable and shiny.
- Skin and hair feel softer and smoother.
- Fixtures and pipes require less maintenance saving labor costs.
- Water using appliances are replaced less frequently.
A water softener system is an efficient and cost-effective improvement for any household, providing your family with clean, safe water. Kinetico offers multi-tank systems powered by the energy of moving water to more traditional water softening systems. Contact us to schedule a free in-home water analysis or to find out more information about our water softener systems.