Electronic or Magnetic Water Systems
- A magnetic water softener does not remove calcium and magnesium, which are hard water elements that form scale in pipes and appliance components. Instead, as water passes through the unit’s magnetic field, calcium and magnesium ions are, in theory, altered and no longer able to cause scale.
- Maximum hardness – 25 gpg.
- Require additional pre-treatment filters for iron removal.
- This random efficiency may be affected by other magnetic fields, distance the water travels and length of time it remains in the pipe.
- In places where water sits – such as in a hot water tank – scale still forms.
- No definitive proof of electronic water systems’ usefulness yet exists.
- Price ranges $259.00 – $3900.00.